MarinNet: Public library listings for all of Marin
County. Check for and reserve books online. Click
on individual libraries for events at each.
Francisco Public Library: Home Page includes
online catalog, kids' and teens' pages.
Public Library: Events for kids, teens &
adults. Online catalog. Patriot Act resources.
Schools California: Superb online site for
everything you need to know about CA public schools
K-12. Searchable. Tips for how to improve your school
and how to improve education at home.
Public School Directory: Lists all Marin public school districts,
CA school data, test scores, facts about Marin schools
including Marin Community College.
Pre-School Open Houses
County: You've all heard the rumors: you need
to get on the wait-list for schools and pre-schools
early. Happy touring!
* Montessori Center of Marin, Infant to 6 years. 332-1044.
* Magical Garden Preschool. Waldorf-inspired Preschool
for ages 3-5 in a cozy home setting with a credentialed
teacher. Call 945-9409.
* The Mountain School. 50 El Camino. Pre-school and
Kindergarten. Call 924-4661 for more info.
* Lycee Francais. 330 Golden Hind Passage. Preschool
to 12th Grade. 924-1737.
* Marin Montessori, 5200 Paradise Dr. Toddler, Primary
and Elementary. Open House in Jan. 924-5388
* Golden Poppy. 50 El Camino. Pre-school and infants.
Open House in April. Call 924-2828.
* Marin Horizons. 305 Montford Ave. Pre-school to
8. Call 415-388-8408 for more info.
* The Little School. 285 Miller Ave. Toddler through
Pre-K. Call 383-9696.
* Ross Academy. 7 Thomas Dr. 2 to 6 years of age (including
kindergarten). One observer per class on any day.
* Marin Day School. 10 Old Mill. Pre-school. 2 mo
to 6 yrs. Tours all year round, on any day. Call 381-4206.
* Ring Mountain Day School. 215 Blackfield. (Pre-school
and K - 5). 415-381-8181.
* Marin Day School. 445 Greenwood Beach Rd.. Pre-school.
2 mo to 6 yrs. Tours all year round, on any day. Call
* Ice Cream and Shoe Pre-school and Kindergarten.
1055 Las Ovejas Ave. Call 492-0550 for more info
* ABC Nursery. (14 mo. to 5 years). 479-9432.
* Marin Day School. 1123 Court St. Pre-school. 2 mo
to 6 yrs. Tours all year round, on any day. Call 453-9822.
Museums & Programs
Bay Area Discovery
Museum: Sausalito's wonderful resource for kids
who want to know! Beautiful view of the Golden Gate,
picnic area, lots of hands-on exhibits for babies
and kids to age 12. Phone: 415.289-7266
State Park Astronomy Programs are held on Saturday evenings nearest the
New Moon, April through October. Check back in March
2000 for schedule details Program Dates for 2000:
4/1, 5/6, 6/3, 7/1, 7/29, 8/26, 9/30, 10/28
California Academy of Sciences (Golden Gate Park, SF) Great natural history and
anthropology exhibit, aquarium and plantarium. 415.750.7145
of Science, Berkeley
Great hands-on and walk-through science exhibits,
activities for kids, planetarium, biology and computer
Exploratorium, Palace of Fine Arts in SF Super interactive
science exhibits for kids *and* adults - even at their
website. Check out the winetasting webcast! 397-5673
Art Pages for more museum listings.
Book Selection: Kid's
Alamanac for the 21st Century (Scholastic)
"This is a reference
book that's not afraid to treat kids like the intelligent
creatures they are (or are sure to become any minute
now.) Laden with graphics and fun facts, this robust
almanac imparts a wealth of real information, cleverly
presented. An anatomy of a personal check shows kids
exactly how those mysterious slips of paper that mom
and dad use as money actually work. A calendar of
comets shows when to expect the return of Halley's
comet (2061). A list of deadly plants reveals that
the benign-seeming azalea can be fatal." - Amazon.com
Click on the bookcover to order your copy today.