- Discussion of multimedia, software and file formats during lunch.
- Presentation on mythology & mythological creatures.
- Students work with a partner on their topic, but make separate projects.
- Each partner group is given a choice of mythological creature(s) on which to create their project.
- Create a folder on the desktop with the name of your project.
- Research the origin, 2-3 main characteristics, and at least one story about your creature on one of the websites.
- As you research, take notes in Word or TextEdit including the urls (web addresses).
- Make a separate file of your sources for information. You will need at least 2 sources of non-graphic information for each creature. Web sources: list the website name and the url of all sources used. Print sources: list the name, author, publisher and year of all print sources.
- Be sure to give attribution for images and direct quotes, meaning note where you get your material.
- Once your research is checked, you can open Kidpix and starting drawing your creatures.